Monday, August 14, 2006

Konfessioner's word:
Gracing the Konfessioner’s Korner this week is another traveler, of lands and of life. Mallika Mehra, a young and talented, dreamy poetess is outwardly just as usual as you and me, but a sea of thoughts and feelings, and of an art to express them, from within.

Her verse, A Drop of Life, is her wonderful perspective of looking at things that would normally be missed in mundane life.

The three Komrades of KnK are Grateful to her for the submission.

- Sarang Mahajan

-----------------------------------------------------

The Introduction of the poetess:
Hello everyone,

I am an engineering student from, Cummins College, Pune. I Hate monotony in life and like to challenge conventions. I am passionate about traveling, as in - without direction maps. Without books and music, life would be a desert. I stick to no certain philosophy, wouldn’t it make life monotonous?

And… I wish to know more of myself till the day I die.

- Mallika Mehra

-----------------------------------------------------

A drop of life.....

I Lay on my couch, lazily, flipping through the pages of a half torn novel....
The satin curtain teases me every time the wind blows....so tender yet so artificial....
I gaze outside the window....the earth seems still....is it the stillness within?
A pause....and the silence is broken by a thunder....and here it is....
The leaves dance with the wind more gracefully than a couple dancing salsa....
Folding the tip of the page of the novel, placing it on the table beside....I walk barefooted towards the middle of the garden....
I open my palms and a drop comes within....placed so peacefully....
I wonder how the drop adapted to change....
A change from the heaven where it was made to reach the earth....its destination....

Do I feel the burden of that one drop on my palm....?
Just as I wonder a thousand more follow....

A drop of hope....
A drop of joy....
A drop of thrill....
A drop of passion....

A drop of life....

- Mallika Mehra

1 comment:

Missy Baba said...

Mallika,

Apologies about the late Komment! Been caught up with exams, no excuse really but then it's not unusual of me to have not prioritised!!

About the drop...

Abstract it isn't, for it reflects your thoughts beautifully. The detail in satin curtain being artificial is poignant. An evocative piece for someone who does'nt write regularly...The way you personify the drop makes a connection-instantly. I cannot comment on the form for you wrote this at liesure! haha...and because I know zilch about form...:) But to read it was smooth except for a couple of hiccups,

"than a couple dancing salsa.."

I personally don't find salsa too graceful so that irked me..but a reader generally gets upset about a writer explaining to them a scene...leave space for imagination a wise friend once told me.. but all in all I'm delighted we featured you this week... good going..and read some literature whenever you are free...you have the eye and a pen..all you need is a little form!

all the best!

Shinjini.